Grant Deadline July 17th
The Community Foundation is currently accepting applications for the second round of 2015 grant funding from the Community Grants Fund. The deadline for submissions is July 17th. Recipients will be notified in September. Eligible applicants must be tax-exempt, as defined by the Internal Revenue Code. In addition, applicants must serve the West Chester/Liberty Township area. Organizations may apply for one grant within a 12 month period.
We encourage all eligible nonprofit organizations to apply for funding. The following are general funding guidelines to consider.
The Community Foundation favors proposals that:
- Are likely to make a substantial difference in the quality of community life.
- Strengthen families and communities.
- Facilitate collaboration among relevant groups and organizations with emphasis on regional cooperation within the community.
- Expand meaningful civic engagement and build social capital, helping to bridge differences and pursue common interests.
- Extend nonprofit organization’s reach into the community through effective use of volunteers
- Assist nonprofit organizations in building their capacity and becoming more effective
- Include financial and other strategic commitments from other funding organizations